Moultrie and South Georgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moultrie and South Georgia Forum

WELCOME to the official forum for Moultrie and South Georgia since 2007. We are happy to have you join in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermath

Go down 
+3
South GA Girl
J-FuR
shag377
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shag377
100 Posts
100 Posts
shag377

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 am

Anyone have any significant damage? I saw there is a boil water mandate for folks with a low water well. (Mine is fortunately on high ground)

The grass is nice and green!
Back to top Go down
J-FuR
100 Posts
100 Posts
J-FuR

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Indian Lake flooded yesterday, and our yard was a lake itself. Last night, some people down the street had to evacuate because the lake water was coming into their homes.
Back to top Go down
South GA Girl
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
South GA Girl

Number of posts : 1922
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 pm

We decided to ride over to moultrie today to see what kind of flooding there was. We were not really surprised at anything we saw, but we did find one humorous spot. If you ride out Old Adel Road to Clarence Norman Road and look down it you see all this water from the creek. Standing in the middle of the water is a sign that says "Begin Road Work".
Back to top Go down
Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
Admin

Number of posts : 4164
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:04 pm

The normal areas in Moultrie, Winn-Dixie parking lot, Burger King, Harvey's, Talmadge Drive, Tarrigon Grill area all Flooded.
Back to top Go down
https://moultrietalks.rpg-board.net
mouth79
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
mouth79

Number of posts : 2126
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 am

I really liked the "For Sale" sign on the parkway south of the high school. It was standing in water.
Have a standing day.
M
Back to top Go down
guynsga
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
guynsga

Number of posts : 2593
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 am

No damage here thankfully. I thought the same thing, Mouth. What are they selling a riverbed? The sign was leaning yesterday like it was about to be uprooted.
Back to top Go down
South GA Girl
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
South GA Girl

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:49 pm

If anyone is planning to go to Valdosta, good luck. North Valdosta Road is closed as of about 7 p.m. this evening and the river is starting to come up on the road on 133. I have never seen the rivers as high as they are now. Even during the floods back in '94 (I think it was), it did not get that high around here.

We spent the day riding around looking at the flood waters. Reed Bingham is really in bad shape. I am just amazed at the amount of water. On top of it, we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mouth79
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
mouth79

Number of posts : 2126
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah, Reed Bingham is really rough. They were able to drive the pontoon boat over the dam the other day. I saw Little River at 319 yesterday. Wow!
I hope the rain coming today isn't going to make things any worse.
Have a wow day.
M
Back to top Go down
South GA Girl
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
South GA Girl

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 am

They were moving broken docks and such yesterday when we were out there. The little boat house thingy is almost underwater. The roof is sticking out.
Back to top Go down
lvfishing
100 Posts
100 Posts
lvfishing

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:38 pm

South GA Girl wrote:
If anyone is planning to go to Valdosta, good luck. North Valdosta Road is closed as of about 7 p.m. this evening and the river is starting to come up on the road on 133. I have never seen the rivers as high as they are now. Even during the floods back in '94 (I think it was), it did not get that high around here.

We spent the day riding around looking at the flood waters. Reed Bingham is really in bad shape. I am just amazed at the amount of water. On top of it, we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow.

UPDATE: We just went into town (Valdosta) and at the Little River Bridge, heading towards Moultrie, half the lane is closed due to water rising up to almost the inside lane. At the light where 133 meets Val-tech road, the water is almost at the road where the driveway to the boat ramp is. Both the Little River and the Withlacoochie have definately come together there. I pray that if you have to come to Valdosta that you can get through it and back home!
Warning: Traffic is out of this world right now due to everyone being detoured through Valdosta because of other roads being closed ---But on the bright side----even with triple the amount of traffic , gas prices have gone down a penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath   Aftermath Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moultrie and South Georgia Forum :: Weather-
Jump to: