Moultrie and South Georgia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moultrie and South Georgia Forum

WELCOME to the official forum for Moultrie and South Georgia since 2007. We are happy to have you join in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chief of Police

Go down 
+2
goob
shag377
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shag377
100 Posts
100 Posts
shag377

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 pm

While I understand that Georgia is a Right to Work state, and unless you are contracted, you can terminate/be terminated at any time by an employer.

That said, I am still angry about firing the Doerun chief, but I have suspicions about why.

With the number of years experience he has, they would have to pay out a hefty pension if he retired. So, they retired him.

I think it was rude and wrong to do that, and the City Council needs to be held accountable. I know in Ellenton the mayor was not reelected for his actions. The people spoke, as it should be.

Goob, any clues?
Back to top Go down
goob
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
goob

Number of posts : 1167
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:53 pm

no clue shag, it is all a big secret!! scratch however i understand that there are several good people now talking about running for office here!!
Back to top Go down
mouth79
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
mouth79

Number of posts : 2126
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 pm

That's what can make our system work. Good people being elected to replace those who no longer seem to have the best interests of their constituents in consideration.
Have a working day.
M
Back to top Go down
guynsga
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
guynsga

Number of posts : 2593
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Right to Work State is a funny name for legislation that means the Right to Fire Your A** Anytime. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Ed 782
100 Posts
100 Posts
Big Ed 782

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-05-31

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:02 pm

I've heard from a reliable source that Randy will or has received his pension. There were also many factors in his release (again from a source). I too think he should have been told at least in private why. But hey that might open a legal can of worms. Let the rumors run a muck.

It has on the otherhand done a lot of stimulating in folks minds, and change is on the horizon.

BigEd
Back to top Go down
South GA Girl
1000 Posts
1000 Posts
South GA Girl

Number of posts : 1922
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Regardless of the person's job or who he or she is, a reason should be given in some form. I understand the whole "right to work" thing, but everyone deserves to know why they are being terminated from a position. I dont know the man, or very many people from Doerun actually, but this whole thing sounds a bit fishy to me. Just telling someone, "we're letting you go" to me is not enough. I read/heard somewhere that they said, "we want to go in a new direction." That is a cop-out. That is saying, "we want you out and we dont have a justifiable reason so we are hiding behind this."

Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chief of Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chief of Police   Chief of Police Empty

Back to top Go down

Chief of Police
Page 1 of 1